Prize Ribbon Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inker
Tim is famous for his unique vintage style and is an inspiration to many crafters and mixed media artists. He plays an integral part in development and design of cutting edge crafting products and is always providing inspiration for the creative journey.
The Distress line includes Distress Ink Pads, Oxide Ink Pads, Oxide Sprays, Spray Stains, Mica Sprays, Paints, Mediums, Distress Crayons, Markers, Kits, Surfaces, Tools and more!
- The acid-free, non-toxic Tim Holtz Distress Inks are ideal for achieving a vintage, stained, aged effect in arts and crafts projects, such as altered books, scrapbook pages, cards, and paper crafts.
- Each 0.5 US fl. oz. bottle comes with a convenient medicine dropper top for easy application.
- Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inkers can be used to re-ink Distress Ink Pads, which are sold separately.
- Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inkers are Acid Free and Non-Toxic.
- Coordinates with the Distress Palette.
Change the quantity above using the arrows (shown on hover) or manually input your desired amount.
Tim Holtz Distress Inks offer a versatile solution for artists and crafters seeking to achieve vintage, stained, and aged effects in their projects. These acid-free, non-toxic inks are perfect for altering books, scrapbook pages, cards, and various paper crafts. Each 0.5 US fl. oz. bottle comes with a convenient medicine dropper top, ensuring easy and precise application. For prolonged use, Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inkers can be used to replenish Distress Ink Pads, which are sold separately. Like the inks, the re-inkers are also acid-free and non-toxic.
Did you know…
- To use Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads, simply press the ink pad onto your desired surface to apply the ink. You can also use blending tools or foam to blend and layer colours for different effects.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are not waterproof. They are water-based inks that react with water to create unique effects.
- If you think your pad is colour contaminated, simply wipe the ink off the surface of the pad with a dry paper towel or baby wipe.
- To clean your stamps or stencils, or any other tool you have used in conjunction with the Distress Ink Pads, use a stamp cleaner or a mild soap and warm water.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads can be used with other brands of water soluble ink. However, it’s always a good idea to test compatibility and blending properties on a small area first.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are not permanent. They are designed to react with water and can be reactivated even after drying.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads can be refilled with coordinating Distress Ink Re-Inkers, which are sold separately.
- The longevity of the ink on Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads depends on usage and storage conditions. With proper care, they can last for a considerable amount of time.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are compatible with heat embossing techniques. Simply stamp your image with the ink, apply embossing powder, and heat set for a raised effect. Remember that because they are a water based ink, the ink will evaporate quickly, and so you must heat set the embossing powder quickly. If you leave it too long, the ink will dry, and the powder will blow away.
The Quick Step-By-Step Guide To Reinking:
- Grab a craft mat and a rag to protect your surface
- Open your dried ink pad and its corresponding reinker
- Gently squeeze the liquid ink onto your pad in a zig-zag pattern to cover the whole surface area
- Set aside and allow the ink to absorb; repeat if needed until the pad is adequately saturated
- If too much ink is applied, use an Art Wedge or plastic card to distribute the ink and remove excess
- Test the ink saturation with a stamp to ensure the desired ink coverage and impression is achieved
- Enjoy your refreshed ink pad!
Surfaces available in the Distress Line Include:
Tim Holtz Distress Speciality Stamping
Tim Holtz Cracked Leather Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain Paper
Mixed Media Distress Heavystock
Mixed Media Distress Black Heavystock
Mixed Media Distress Heavystock White