Prize Ribbon Tim Holtz Distress Paint
Tim is famous for his unique vintage style and is an inspiration to many crafters and mixed media artists. He plays an integral part in development and design of cutting edge crafting products and is always providing inspiration for the creative journey.
The Distress line includes Distress Ink Pads, Oxide Ink Pads, Oxide Sprays, Spray Stains, Mica Sprays, Paints, Mediums, Distress Crayons, Markers, Kits, Surfaces, Tools and more!
- Convenient Flip tops are great for quick and easy application of Distress Paint with brushes, blending tools, splatter brush and more!
- With a timeless matte finish, Distress Paints are very fluid water-based acrylic paints for use on multiple surfaces.
- Developed to be reactive with water, like other products in the Distress family, Distress Paints are the perfect choice to accomplish a wide variety of artistic techniques.
- Use with stamps, paper, wood, metal, glass, plastic and more!
- Tim Holtz Distress Paints are available in 1oz plastic bottles.
- Timeless matte finish.
- Coordinates with the Distress Palette.
- Made in t he USA.
Change the quantity above using the arrows (shown on hover) or manually input your desired amount.
Tim Holtz Distress Paints offer a versatile solution for artists seeking fluid water-based acrylic paints with a timeless matte finish. Designed to be reactive with water, these paints are ideal for achieving a wide range of artistic techniques. Convenient flip tops allow for quick and easy application with brushes, blending tools, splatter brushes, and more. Suitable for use on various surfaces including paper, wood, metal, glass, and plastic, these paints provide endless creative possibilities. Available in 1oz plastic bottles, Tim Holtz Distress Paints are made in the USA.
Did you know…
- Tim Holtz Distress Paints can be applied directly to surfaces using brushes, blending tools, or your fingers. They can also be diluted with water for more translucent effects.
- Whilst Tim Holtz Distress Paints are are permanent once dried – the only line in the whole distress range that is, they are designed for crafting use only.
- While Tim Holtz Distress Paints are primarily designed for porous surfaces, they can also be used on non-porous surfaces with some preparation and experimentation.
- You can mix Tim Holtz Distress Paints to create custom colours. Experiment with blending different shades to achieve your desired results.
- To clean up spills or splatters of Tim Holtz Distress Paints, simply wipe them away with a damp cloth or paper towel while the paint is still wet.
- To clean your stamps or stencils, or any other tool you have used in conjunction with the Distress Paints, use a stamp cleaner or a mild soap and warm water. Be sure to do this before the paint dries, as Distress Paint is permanent once dry.
- The drying time for Tim Holtz Distress Paints depends on various factors such as humidity, thickness of application, and surface type. Generally, they dry within a few minutes to an hour.
- Tim Holtz Distress Paints are available in metallic and shimmer finishes, offering additional options for adding shine and dimension to your projects.
- Direct-to-Paper Technique: Apply Distress Paints directly onto your surface using the built-in brush or a paintbrush for bold and vibrant colour application.
- Background Blending: Blend multiple colours of Distress Paints together on your surface to create seamless and gradient backgrounds for cards, art journals, and mixed media projects.
- Stencilling: Use Distress Paints with stencils to add fun designs and patterns to your projects. Apply the paint over the stencil openings with a sponge or blending tool for precise and colourful results.
- Stamping: Use Distress Paints as stamping ink by applying the paint to your stamp with a foam applicator or brush, then stamp onto your surface for unique and textured stamped images.
- Splatter Technique: Dip a splatterbrush into Distress Paints, then tap the brush against your finger to create splatters of paint on your project for a playful and artistic look.
- Texture Paste Tinting: Mix Distress Paints with texture paste to create custom-coloured texture mediums. Apply the tinted texture paste to your surface with stencils or palette knives for added dimension and interest.
Surfaces available in the Distress Line Include:
Tim Holtz Distress Speciality Stamping
Tim Holtz Cracked Leather Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain Paper
Mixed Media Distress Heavystock
Mixed Media Distress Black Heavystock
Mixed Media Distress Heavystock White