Prize Ribbon Ink Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad
Tim is famous for his unique vintage style and is an inspiration to many crafters and mixed media artists. He plays an integral part in development and design of cutting edge crafting products and is always providing inspiration for the creative journey.
The Distress line includes Distress Ink Pads, Oxide Ink Pads, Oxide Sprays, Spray Stains, Mica Sprays, Paints, Mediums, Distress Crayons, Markers, Kits, Surfaces, Tools and more!
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are a collection of water based, fade resistant, dye inks formulated to create aged vintage effects on papers and other porous surfaces.
- They are perfect for the vintage, stained, aged effect crafters are creating in their altered books, scrapbook pages, cards and paper craft projects.
- All the colourful Distress Inks, afford added versatility when photo tinting and colour layering with the original, award winning tones.
- The innovative properties of Distress Ink are unlike any other inks since they react with water and maintain colour integrity.
- Distress Pads are made with a raised felt for easier use with direct to paper techniques and inking up larger stamps.
- Water-based Dye Inks.
- Co-ordinating Re-Inkers are sold separately.
- Available in a 3″ x 3″ raised felt ink pad.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are Acid Free and Non Toxic.
Change the quantity above using the arrows (shown on hover) or manually input your desired amount.
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads offer a unique collection of water-based dye inks designed to produce vintage effects on various porous surfaces. Crafters can effortlessly achieve the vintage, stained, and aged looks desired for altered books, scrapbook pages, cards, and other paper craft projects. With a range of vibrant colours, these ink pads provide versatility for photo tinting and colour layering, complemented by their ability to react with water while maintaining colour integrity. Featuring a raised felt pad, Distress Ink Pads facilitate direct-to-paper techniques and inking up larger stamps with ease. Available in a 3″ x 3″ size, these ink pads are acid-free and non-toxic, ensuring safe and high-quality crafting experiences. Coordinating Re-Inkers are also available separately for replenishing ink as needed.
Did you know…
- To use Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads, simply press the ink pad onto your desired surface to apply the ink. You can also use blending tools or foam to blend and layer colours for different effects.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are not waterproof. They are water-based inks that react with water to create unique effects.
- If you think your pad is colour contaminated, simply wipe the ink off the surface of the pad with a dry paper towel or baby wipe.
- To clean your stamps or stencils, or any other tool you have used in conjunction with the Distress Ink Pads, use a stamp cleaner or a mild soap and warm water.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads can be used with other brands of water soluble ink. However, it’s always a good idea to test compatibility and blending properties on a small area first.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are not permanent. They are designed to react with water and can be reactivated even after drying.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads can be refilled with coordinating Distress Ink Re-Inkers, which are sold separately.
- The longevity of the ink on Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads depends on usage and storage conditions. With proper care, they can last for a considerable amount of time.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads are compatible with heat embossing techniques. Simply stamp your image with the ink, apply embossing powder, and heat set for a raised effect. Remember that because they are a water based ink, the ink will evaporate quickly, and so you must heat set the embossing powder quickly. If you leave it too long, the ink will dry, and the powder will blow away.
The differences between Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks
First things first, the ordinary Tim Holtz Distress Inks are a collection of acid-free, non-toxic, fade resistant water-based dye inks. They are perfect for creating weathered, vintage effect craft projects, including scrapbook pages, card backgrounds and papercraft projects.
The Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks are a little different. They use water-reactive dyes and pigment ink fusions that create an oxidized effect when sprayed with water. Oxide inks are perfect for adding that extra grungy, layered look just by using a spritz of water. They oxidize immediately, creating an almost chalky consistency.
On white cardstock, Distress Inks appear as a more vivid colour, it’s not until you use the inks on a kraft or darker coloured background that you notice the differences in the finish of the two products. Whilst the Distress Oxide Inks cover the colour of your background, the Distress inks allow the cardstock background to show. Dependent on your project, you may prefer the solid colour a Distress Oxide Ink offers.
Surfaces available in the Distress Line Include:
Tim Holtz Distress Speciality Stamping
Tim Holtz Cracked Leather Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain Paper
Mixed Media Distress Heavystock
Mixed Media Distress Black Heavystock
Mixed Media Distress Heavystock White